How is it May already? Honestly? It’s passed in the proverbial blink of an eye…
Looking back on the month and what I photographed, it appears I didn’t really post that much – but that’s not to say it wasn’t an incredibly exciting month!
So here we go! (Left to right, top to bottom)
1. OK. I’m being a little naughty and starting off with a little visit that happened at the end of April… My dear friend Jeffrey rolled into town and we managed to catch up over coffee at Kaffeine, and I got my yearly dose of sunshine. Jeffrey is a talented photographer and all round wonderful human being whose presence is a real light. Check out his Hasselblad portraits – they are just beautiful…
2. I indulged in a few wee treats (IKEA, nothing too fancy, I’m a freelancer after all!) to make my flat feel like a new home. I welcomed a lovely new flatmate and my bedroom/office is now a calm retreat – complete with (fake) sheepskin rug that makes my toes feel oh-so-happy in the morning.
3. I took a day trip to Canterbury with my two best friends. We drank coffee, walked, chortled, talked our way into one of the fanciest colleges, and ended up at the beautiful Kettle’s Yard – check out a previous post here about this amazing place!
4. NORWAY! NORWAY! NORWAY! I feel as though photos of Norway are all I’m posting lately, and you know what, I’m totally fine with that. This was our incredibly compact and beautifully formed AirBnB in Oslo, where we stayed for a night before travelling further afield – more on that in another post!
5. If you follow me on Twitter (Hi, over here!) then you could probably guess how obsessed I am with Bone Daddies. I love ramen. But I love Bone Daddies ramen the best. I wish they delivered. But it’s probably for the best that they don’t. So I visit, either with a friend or a pile of magazines, and indulge. This time around I caught up with the work of my friend Gab as she shot the beautiful cover and story on Greece for Conde Nast Traveler.
6. I created a series of images in colloboration with the lovely folks over at HP, working with their crazy amazing computer the HP Sprout. If you’d like to see the photos and what I made with this futuristic marvel then head on over to my Tumblr!
7. NORWAY! You didn’t think I could just mention it once, did you? We spent an amazing afternoon cruising the fjords around Flåm, and followed it up by sampling local goats cheese and salami. Talk about an amazing day – I’m working on a blog post about it now, so stay tuned…
8. After living in the UK for 8 years I finally made my way over to the Tate Britain, and immediately felt incredibly ashamed that I had not made it over sooner. A new favourite, and a space which I imagine is constantly changing and being re-invented with each installation – I’m really excited to go back.
9. Ending with a favourite shot from that ladies trip to Kettle’s Yard. The peace and tranquility of this place was just astounding…
So that’s it! April in a nutshell. It looks as though there is going to be some fun travel coming up in May, which I’m excited to share with you guys – as always I love your comments so please let me know what you like or dislike, and feel free to head on over and follow me on Instagram to see what is happening 🙂